We've all been there where are wallowing in your own sorrow, it doesn't seem that way to you but to others it can. I am not talking about genuine warranted sadness here, (or even clinical depression) just a random type that creeps up on you. When we are caught in a pickle out problems seem enormous and if we are too caught up with ourselves everything seems to be a problem (make sense?). If we are caught up in ourselves we tend to make little problems into huge ones because we can't see anything else. It is a concept that is a bit hard to explain, but we are almost all guilty of it (me included) once it a while. We need to just snap out of it!
Although you can be forced to snap out of it by facing a bigger problem, that isn't something we really want. So here are some ways to get out of your rut and get some perspective!
- Listen to music: This can either make things better or worse. Do not listen to sad music it will make you more depressed. Sometimes I listen to sad music when I am depressed and it usually adds nothing to the cause. Listen to happy music or relaxing music (maybe even some rainforest sounds or something haha).
- Watch a funny movie: sometimes it can be hard to find a comedy that actually makes you laugh especially when you are in a funky mood but find an old favorite.
- Read: take yourself into another universe with your favorite characters. :)
- Go outside! This is my personal favorite. Go outside and do something, anything. A change of scenery is sometimes all I need. Even if you run some errands at least you will feel accomplished.
- Talk to someone: Go see what someone else is up to and maybe vent a bit.
- Occupy yourself: (self explanatory).
Hopefully this is helpful to someone.