Thursday, January 2, 2014

DIY Lipgloss

Hi guys,

Woohoo, this is the first post of the new year!

Have you ever wanted to make your own lip gloss? Not only is this a cheaper alternative to buying lip glosses/butters it is fun; and because you are making it yourself, it is completely customizable.


 I made my own lip gloss out of:
  • bright eyeshadow (that I never used)
  • Cocoa butter 
  • Vaseline
Here are the steps I took:
  • In a small bowl I mixed cocoa butter and Vaseline.  At this step you can choose just how glossy you want your lip gloss to be by using varying amounts of Vaseline.  If you do not want your lip gloss glossy at all you may want to skip Vaseline all together.  On the other-hand if you want a very glossy lip gloss I suggest leaving at least some cocoa butter in because it helps hold pigment
  • Heat the mixture until melted.
  • Pour in eyeshadow until the mixture is one uniform color.  Here you get to choose how pigmented your gloss is by choosing the amount of color you add. 
  • Pour the mixture into an empty lip gloss pot (you can use and old one or purchase them).  If your mixture has solidified by this point, you may want to reheat it just a bit to make getting it into the container easier.
  • Allow mixture to cool.  At this point you may want to name your lip gloss.  My friend came up with the name "Passion Fruit Spice", and I just went with it.  
If you do not have a bright eyeshadow to use as your pigment you may want to use:
  •  lip stick (maybe one that is already broken)
  • food coloring
Another idea: if you want your lip gloss to be flavored  you may want to add a bit of a food extract such as vanilla.

Have fun!


5 comments:

  1. This is such a great DIY!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wayyy ytoo excited to do this diy!! need to find mini pots.

    xoxo hobovogue.com . ღ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! you can use an old lip gloss container, that's what I did. :)

      Delete
  3. Amazing DIY! I'll try it out as long as I purchase cocoa butter!

    http://relocatewonderland.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it!