I hope you all are doing well. As for me I'm excited for my road trip in a couple of days. I love a good road trip and I have been on quite a few. I really feel like I need a change of scenery, so this will be the perfect escape. If you haven't been on a road trip I would highly suggest it. Yes there is a part of the road trip that gets boring, and when you get out of the car your legs feel like rubber but it is all worth it. I have stopped over at some weird places along the way (including strange rest stops), that make for great (and very funny memories). For a road trip, it's not only about the destination, it is also about the journey. (I bet you have been missing my cheesy-ness. For those who who missed it there you go, those who don't you'll survive).
So out of all of my excitement I am bringing you a little list of the things I always pack on a road trip:
- Back pack: In here you pack all of those things you need easy access to throughout the trip. Think about what you put in here because it is a big inconvenience to go into the trunk to get your camera. This brings me to number 2.
- Bring a camera: I prefer to use a camera instead of a cell phone, because you don't want your phone to run out of batteries during the ride.
- Shades: It can get sunny. Need I say more?
- Headphones: Sometimes you other people don't want to listen to your music, or you don't listen to theirs; groove to your own music in peace.
- Slip on shoes: Wear slip-ons because when you need to run out of the car and go to the bathroom, you don't have time for laces.
- A pillow: Chances are if you aren't the one driving you will want to lay down/get comfy. I like a full pillow as opposed to a "neck pillow" because I like to get really comfortable.
- A hoodie: If the A/C is on it might get a bit chilly and you might want to shield yourself from that constant cold breeze. This is especially helpful if you are the only one who thinks it is cold in the car.
- Blanket: The reason for bringing this is the same reasoning that goes behind bringing a hoodie and pillow. mmm....comfort!
- Socks: My feet are always cold...
- Snacks: Sometimes your stomach can't wait for the next McDonalds and these things save your life.
- Bonus tip: Bring a map! Do not only rely on GPS because you may loose service. Also it's a good idea to know where you are going. :)
- Do you like road trips? What is your favorite mode of transportation?