I know this list may be a bit late for some people but it is definitely that time of year again, Spring cleaning time. Remember that New Years resolution you made to be more organized? Well now it is coming back to bite you; just kidding it is not that bad. :)
I like to get this out of the way before the weather is too nice. When the weather is nice, who wants to be cooped up in their room cleaning and peering out of the window at the lovely day? Not me in fact I would find that a bit depressing. So while the weather outside is still on the "eh" side of things why not spruce up your room.
Here are some tips for Spring cleaning:
- Choose a full day for this activity. I know when I start cleaning I go on a spree. For example, I'll clean my closet then think to myself "I should go clean my shelf" then before you know it is late.
- Also plan what you are going to clean or you may end up biting off more then you can chew. Another reason you should plan is because if you are reorganizing something you may want to plan how you want to arrange things.
- Play some music to get you motivated.
- Do not leave your room until you are done. I know that sounds like a punishment but personally I can't stand coming back to a half finished project if I can help it.
- Organize things based on how you live. Sounds like a no brainer right? But it is actually something you should put some thought into. If you like to wear casual clothes don't put your jeans far from reach. Think about what you find yourself reaching for most often and put that in a place for easy access.
- Don't give up! I know there is a certain point where you kind of want to throw everything into a corner, but think of it this way, you'll just have to clean that another time.
- Enjoy your fresh new room! Be proud and reward yourself by lighting a nice smelling candle.
Well I hope that was helpful. As for me I'm planning on conquering my room quite soon.